BLVR is an independent creative agency that empowers brands to
fearlessly live out their beliefs.
In today’s world, it’s not enough to simply say you stand for something. Your actions have to align with your convictions. We build brands that stay true to what they believe, no matter what the cost. They are bold and generous. They lead culture, instill belonging, and ignite movements. They use their power to drive people to change.
We are a team of strategists, storytellers, artists, and innovators who believe in using our creativity for the greater good. And we’re looking for other driven, smart, creative, kind people who believe as we do.
At BLVR, you’ll be part of a diverse team committed to growth as much as each other. You’ll create some of the best work of your career with a team that genuinely cares about your well-being. And you’ll play a key role in taking BLVR further than we’ve been before. Join our mission and use your creativity to create meaningful change in the world.
Are you ready?
We are looking for an Associate Creative Director to manage creative and production projects from concept creation to completion. The Associate Creative Director is responsible for developing and transforming concepts into creative solutions, managing creative teams, and ensuring client objectives are achieved.
To be successful as an Associate Creative Director you should be able to develop creative concepts and strategies that are insightful, relevant, innovative, and effective. Ultimately, an excellent Associate Creative Director is a creative powerhouse with the ability to motivate and direct their team in design, copy and production of best-in-class solutions across different platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Creative Director with the development of concepts, strategies,
and client presentations
- Ensuring resources are allocated according to project needs
- Provide strategic vision and solutions to writers and designers and guide them towards achieving key creative and business objectives
- Direct external partners, contractors, and consultants when internal resources
are not available
- Distill research and insights into ideas and direction for clients and team
- Establish creative vision, brand idea & direction for agency clients
- Ensure a cohesive story is being told across all mediums and channels, developing messaging platforms where required
- Accurately estimate creative solutions within budget and time limitations, ensuring effort matches value, identify alternative options if needed
- Demonstrate a growing ability to analyze problems, anticipate consequences and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects
- Present creative and sell vision to internal and external stakeholders
- Leading and participating in brainstorming sessions
- Keeping up with the latest trends, strategies, and technologies
- Evaluating creative team performance and guiding improvements
Qualities and Qualifications
- 7+ years of creative agency experience
- You really get the connection between visual and verbal and how those elements come together to tell a story
- You are a versatile creative with a passion for discovering new ways to tell a brand’s story that builds relationships with their audience
- You are willing to put pen to paper
- You truly enjoy having your sleeves rolled up as a writer in addition to directing work
- You have strong concept and strategy development skills
- You love diving in deep to understand your clients’ business and becoming their highly valued partner
- You take personal accountability to ensure content performs well against business goals
- You love talking to clients about your ideas and recommendations
- You are able to communicate vision
- You are articulate and can easily connect with people
- You are great at coaching and mentoring writers and designers to guide their work to a place of strategic excellence
- Your passion is genuine
- You don’t confuse confidence with ego
- You are driven and hold yourself accountable for the work that happens on your watch
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong creative mind
Our Cultural Requirements
We are passionate about our culture; cultivating and protecting it is non-negotiable. When seeking to add to our BLVR family, a cultural fit is just as important as the skillsets and education an individual possesses.
- We are aware that our behavior speaks to what we believe
- We are authentic, understanding, and reliable
- We are driven to help others
- We always think big
- We are willing to be vulnerable
- We have passion and compassion
- We value diversity in people and thinking
- We are not afraid to make mistakes
- We are proactive, requiring little direction to take action
- We are committed to helping each other develop personally and professionally
- We love coffee, eating meals together, and a good party
- We are passionate about the work we do and the people we serve
Benefits of working at BLVR
BLVR is a great place to work and we’re determined to constantly make it better.
The benefits of joining our team are vast. Here are a few:
Make A Difference
We love to support great causes and help others who are in need. We provide opportunities for team members to get involved and make an impact.
To enhance the quality of life of our team members, we offer company-sponsored health, dental, and vision benefits.
We support families and offer flexible work schedules to ensure that team members with kids always excel in their primary role—being an amazing parent.
We like to have fun at BLVR. Bocce Ball competitions, monthly chef-catered meals, and baking competitions are just some of the fun times we enjoy together.
We offer a competitive salary, a 2% annual cost of living salary increase, and bonus opportunities.
Paid Time Off
Paid time off for all major holidays and 10 days personal leave time (first year) with 1 additional day added for each year of employment.
To help you get ready for life after work, we have a company sponsored 401k plan.
A Place To Grow
We love to invest in your development because when you grow, BLVR grows with you. Want to take a course or attend a conference—it’s on us.
The Best Gear
What computer setup do you prefer…laptop or desktop? Choose the gear that will equip you to make the greatest impact.