BLVR is an independent creative agency that empowers brands to fearlessly live out their beliefs.
In today’s world, it’s not enough to simply say you stand for something. Your actions have to align with your convictions. We build brands that stay true to what they believe, no matter what the cost. They are bold and generous. They lead culture, instill belonging, and ignite movements. They use their power to drive people to change.
We are a team of strategists, storytellers, artists, and innovators who believe in using our creativity for the greater good. And we’re looking for other driven, smart, creative, kind people who believe as we do.
At BLVR, you’ll be part of a diverse team committed to growth as much as each other. You’ll create some of the best work of your career with a team that genuinely cares about your well-being. And you’ll play a key role in taking BLVR further than we’ve been before. Join our mission and use your creativity to create meaningful change in the world.
Are you ready?
In a nutshell – the Associate Creative Director is responsible for delivering the WOW! It’s fairly self-explanatory, but working with their co-leads, the ACD drives the vision for bringing the “why” to life with big ideas, tactics, and execution. They work with the core team to create, plan and deliver a strategic vision for clients. The ACD decides on what goes to the client and makes important upper-level managerial and creative direction decisions. The ACD generally develops and oversees projects at the earliest stages. They cast vision, form concepts, and pilot design philosophy. These are the big-picture creative innovators of the team. However, they also get their hands dirty to ensure that BLVR is delivering award-winning work on time and within budget
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as the Creative Lead, collaborating with the Project Management, Account, and Strategy teams
- Leads the creative vision, creative execution and creative growth for key accounts
- Distill research and insights in order to conceive, craft, and execute best-in-class creative and content ideas on time, on brand and on strategy
- Provide strategic vision and solutions to writers, designers and other creatives, guiding them towards achieving key creative and business objectives
- Creatively direct art directors, designers, copywriters, and artists of all levels to harness their development and performance in a manner that assures maximum efficiency and creativity
- Work closely with the ECD to ensure that quality and creativity is being met, maintained, and exceeded across all deliverables
- Actively work with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the highest level of client services is delivered
- Ensure a cohesive story is being told across all mediums and channels, developing messaging platforms where required that exist within the client’s brand guidelines
- Effectively organize and prioritize workload especially around deadline and budget and have the flexibility to respond to increases in workload, tight deadlines, and travel
- Accurately estimate creative solutions within budget and time limitations, ensuring effort matches value, identify alternative options if needed
- Demonstrate a growing ability to analyze problems, anticipate consequences and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects.
- A true collaborator always looking for new ways to create situations in which people strive creatively
- Deep understanding of art direction, brand identity, packaging and environmental design, social media, storytelling and web best practices–constantly bringing new ideas to the table
- Deep understanding of what’s happening in culture; fashion, music, art, technology, travel, sports, film, and beyond
- Develop exceptional and well-crafted copy that meet internal and external requirements
- Presents creative strategies and concepts to clients clearly and helps structure powerful selling arguments for work
- Assists clients in resolving issues by responding to topics and questions in a timely and professional manner
- Understands the client’s business, brand, products, and their customers
- Directs brainstorming meetings and creative sessions
- Strategize with brand team to anticipate problems, analyze solutions, identify alternatives, and suggest recommendations
Qualities and Qualifications
- A love of design, creative problem solving, storytelling, and is connected to culture
- 5 years of related experience with 1+ years of creative direction in agency or corporate setting
- Excellent communication skills (both in conversation and in writing) with an emphasis on pitching and presentations, running work-sessions, and articulating and defending creative decisions
- Proven track record partnering with multiple disciplines on projects and practices
- Excellent production know-how with hands-on knowledge of brand strategy, identity, storytelling, art direction, print, packaging, photography, and videography
- Proven creative leadership in developing creative for the digital space (social, video, app, web)
- Knowledge of animation and video production tools and software, including (but not limited to): Creative Cloud Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Bridge, After Effects, and Premiere
- $100,000 to $120,000
Our Cultural Requirements
We are passionate about our culture; cultivating and protecting it is non-negotiable. When seeking to add to our BLVR family, a cultural fit is just as important as the skillsets and education an individual possesses.
- We are aware that our behavior speaks to what we believe
- We are authentic, understanding, and reliable
- We are driven to help others
- We always think big
- We are willing to be vulnerable
- We have passion and compassion
- We value diversity in people and thinking
- We are not afraid to make mistakes
- We are proactive, requiring little direction to take action
- We are committed to helping each other develop personally and professionally
- We love coffee, eating meals together, and a good party
- We are passionate about the work we do and the people we serve
Benefits of working at BLVR
BLVR is a great place to work and we’re determined to constantly make it better.
The benefits of joining our team are vast. Here are a few:
Make A Difference
We love to support great causes and help others who are in need. We provide opportunities for team members to get involved and make an impact.
To enhance the quality of life of our team members, we offer company-sponsored health, dental, and vision benefits.
We support families and offer flexible work schedules to ensure that team members with kids always excel in their primary role—being an amazing parent.
We like to have fun at BLVR. Bocce Ball competitions, monthly chef-catered meals, and baking competitions are just some of the fun times we enjoy together.
We offer a competitive salary, a 2% annual cost of living salary increase, and bonus opportunities.
Paid Time Off
Paid time off for all major holidays and 10 days personal leave time (first year) with 1 additional day added for each year of employment.
To help you get ready for life after work, we have a company sponsored 401k plan.
A Place To Grow
We love to invest in your development because when you grow, BLVR grows with you. Want to take a course or attend a conference—it’s on us.
The Best Gear
What computer setup do you prefer…laptop or desktop? Choose the gear that will equip you to make the greatest impact.