BLVR is an independent creative agency that empowers brands to
fearlessly live out their beliefs.
In today’s world, it’s not enough to simply say you stand for something. Your actions have to align with your convictions. We build brands that stay true to what they believe, no matter what the cost. They are bold and generous. They lead culture, instill belonging, and ignite movements. They use their power to drive people to change.
We are a team of strategists, storytellers, artists, and innovators who believe in using our creativity for the greater good. And we’re looking for other driven, smart, creative, kind people who believe as we do.
At BLVR, you’ll be part of a diverse team committed to growth as much as each other. You’ll create some of the best work of your career with a team that genuinely cares about your well-being. And you’ll play a key role in taking BLVR further than we’ve been before. Join our mission and use your creativity to create meaningful change in the world.
Are you ready?
Do you love creativity and storytelling? Are you a budding designer, developer, or marketer just itching to get your feet wet? BLVR is always looking for enthusiastic interns who are eager to learn and use their skills to make an impact through the work we do together at BLVR.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand project requirements and concepts
- Use various techniques to create concepts
- Produce final design solutions for print and digital
- Pitch creative ideas
- Collaborate with team members to launch projects
- Take on special design tasks (e.g. color correction, icon designs, etc)
- Solid understand of print specifications, terminology and working direct with printers
- Gather and produce best-in-class files for archiving and output (for print, to clients, for digital devices, etc)
- Articulate the value of design through verbal and visual presentation
- Be a team player and a positive addition to our company culture
- Establish and maintain high visual design standards and proactively learn new techniques and trends in digital design
- Be versatile to work on a wide range of design projects
- Solid experience in creating templates, storyboards, and presentations
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Familiarity with Invision and Sketch
- Motion Graphics experience preferred
- Use feedback from other designers to improve
- 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday (flexibility on hours)
Skills and Qualifications
- Education: 3+ years visual design experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Think strategically as well as aesthetically
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Assume hands-on design function to help complete projects in a timely, aesthetically compelling manner
- Display a positive, team building work attitude under pressure
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and other current design software in a
Mac OS X environment.
- Take accountability and ownership of assigned projects while understanding
timelines and budgets
- Possess people skills to effectively, persuasively engage with internal senior
- Strong conceptual skills and a strategic mindset
- Knowledgeable in Print Production, Photography, Proofing
- Knowledge of art materials, fabrication techniques, printing process and press runs
- Drive consensus between peers
- Must be a junior or senior in college
- Education: High School Diploma
- Extremely comfortable navigating the Mac OS
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work extremely efficiently
- Well organized
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be punctual and reliable
What We Offer
- Unpaid internship, school credit
- A collaborative work environment as an extension of our team.
- Access to innovative, creative projects with clients who create change
- for the good of the world
- Internship kickoff discussion to review goals and to tailor a unique experience
- A team of people who work smart and play hard
What others have to say
“I think one of the more beneficial aspects of my internship was the ability to work underboth strategists with their own styles and approaches to work. From a career perspective, it will only serve me well to be exposed to different ways of thinking, processes, choices and perspectives.”
– Zander C.
“I am infinitely grateful for the opportunity to have me at BLVR. It was honestly an amazing experience. The internship broadened my real world experience and helped me develop and hone my design skills.” Cristina B. “Amazing talent and work ethic from all employees along with transparent leadership – the CEO and COO are invested in their people, growth, and making it a great place to work.”
– Cristina B.
“My experience as an intern at BLVR was amazing. The work I was given and the projects I helped with were valuable, challenging (in the best way), and purposeful. Everyone in the office was helpful and encouraging. They truly made me feel like a part of the team!”
– Abby H.
”One of the things that I appreciated the most about my experience at BLVR is that I felt part of the team since day one. Everyone is so welcoming and wants to see you grow. I was always pushed to step out of my comfort zone, so there wasn’t a single day where I was stuck doing insignificant tasks.”
– Angela V
SD / CA