BLVR is an independent creative agency that empowers brands to fearlessly live out their beliefs.
In today’s world, it’s not enough to simply say you stand for something. Your actions have to align with your convictions. We build brands that stay true to what they believe, no matter what the cost. They are bold and generous. They lead culture, instill belonging, and ignite movements. They use their power to drive people to change.
We are a team of strategists, storytellers, artists, and innovators who believe in using our creativity for the greater good. And we’re looking for other driven, smart, creative, kind people who believe as we do.
At BLVR, you’ll be part of a diverse team committed to growth as much as each other. You’ll create some of the best work of your career with a team that genuinely cares about your well-being. And you’ll play a key role in taking BLVR further than we’ve been before. Join our mission and use your creativity to create meaningful change in the world.
Are you ready?
As a Designer at BLVR, you are a highly collaborative, passionate, quick, dynamic, versatile and extremely creative. You work collaboratively with clients, project managers, developers, and strategists to create compelling design experiences with the power to enhance the business goals and objectives of our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the print design lead on an evolving roster of clients
- Be able to communicate directly with clients throughout the project cycle
- Lead design projects from conception to delivery and launch
- Utilize brand guidelines and pre-existing templates for various print production assignments
- Solid understand of print specifications, terminology and working direct with printers
- Collaborate with the team to ensure BLVR always delivers beautiful designs to clients
- Gather and produce best-in-class files for archiving and output (for print, to clients, for digital devices, etc)
- Articulate the value of design through verbal and visual presentation
- Be a team player and a positive addition to our company culture
- Establish and maintain high visual design standards and proactively learn new techniques and trends in digital design
- Be versatile to work on a wide range of print design projects
- Solid experience in creating templates, storyboards, and presentations
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Familiarity with Invision and Sketch
- Motion Graphics experience prefered
Skills and Qualifications
- Education: 5+ years visual design experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree in visual design or related field—or equivalent experience
- Think strategically as well as aesthetically
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Assume hands-on design function to help complete projects in a timely, aesthetically compelling manner
- Display a positive, team building work attitude under pressure
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and other current design software in a Mac OS X environment
- Take accountability and ownership of assigned projects while understanding timelines and budgets
- Possess people skills to effectively, persuasively engage with internal senior level management
- Strong conceptual skills and a strategic mindset
- Knowledgeable in Print Production, Photography, Proofing
- Knowledge of art materials, fabrication techniques, printing process and press runs
- Drive consensus between peers
- $50,000 to $70,000
Our Cultural Requirements
We are passionate about our culture; cultivating and protecting it is non-negotiable. When seeking to add to our BLVR family, a cultural fit is just as important as the skillsets and education an individual possesses.
- We are aware that our behavior speaks to what we believe
- We are authentic, understanding, and reliable
- We are driven to help others
- We always think big
- We are willing to be vulnerable
- We have passion and compassion
- We value diversity in people and thinking
- We are not afraid to make mistakes
- We are proactive, requiring little direction to take action
- We are committed to helping each other develop personally and professionally
- We love coffee, eating meals together, and a good party
- We are passionate about the work we do and the people we serve
Benefits of working at BLVR
BLVR is a great place to work and we’re determined to constantly make it better.
The benefits of joining our team are vast. Here are a few:
Make A Difference
We love to support great causes and help others who are in need. We provide opportunities for team members to get involved and make an impact.
To enhance the quality of life of our team members, we offer company-sponsored health, dental, and vision benefits.
We support families and offer flexible work schedules to ensure that team members with kids always excel in their primary role—being an amazing parent.
We like to have fun at BLVR. Bocce Ball competitions, monthly chef-catered meals, and baking competitions are just some of the fun times we enjoy together.
We offer a competitive salary, a 2% annual cost of living salary increase, and bonus opportunities.
Paid Time Off
Paid time off for all major holidays and 10 days personal leave time (first year) with 1 additional day added for each year of employment.
To help you get ready for life after work, we have a company sponsored 401k plan.
A Place To Grow
We love to invest in your development because when you grow, BLVR grows with you. Want to take a course or attend a conference—it’s on us.
The Best Gear
What computer setup do you prefer…laptop or desktop? Choose the gear that will equip you to make the greatest impact.