Senior Account Manager
BLVR is an independent creative agency that empowers brands to fearlessly live out their beliefs.
In today’s world, it’s not enough to simply say you stand for something. Your actions have to align with your convictions. We build brands that stay true to what they believe, no matter what the cost. They are bold and generous. They lead culture, instill belonging, and ignite movements. They use their power to drive people to change.
We are a team of strategists, storytellers, artists, and innovators who believe in using our creativity for the greater good. And we’re looking for other driven, smart, creative, kind people who believe as we do.
At BLVR, you’ll be part of a diverse team committed to growth as much as each other. You’ll create some of the best work of your career with a team that genuinely cares about your well-being. And you’ll play a key role in taking BLVR further than we’ve been before. Join our mission and use your creativity to create meaningful change in the world.
Are you ready?
You play an important role at BLVR in delivering productive, collaborative Client relationships. In fact, you are responsible for a healthy day to day management of your accounts. You build instant trust and your ‘can do’ attitude is infectious. You are a safe pair of hands who can work closely with the client to establish strategies and with the internal team to execute those strategies. You possess a strong work ethic, are a team player, problem solver, and have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works in partnership with Creative Director, Strategist, and PM – is knowledgeable enough on each department to accurately represent each when necessary
- Is seen by Clients as the strategic partner on their business who can represent both the Client and Agency’s best interests. Ensures a long lasting, profitable partnership is built and maintained.
- Builds strong relationships with senior clients based on trust and rapport. Is able to create open and honest dialogue where the Client feels they are being understood.
- Manages, supports and trains Account Coordinators, and Interns to provide the utmost level of client service to meet the objectives of the agency
- Exhibits empathy on difficult projects; drives projects to their completion while keeping internal and client teams motivated
- Oversees a program of initiatives across an Agency of Record (AOR) agreement; responsible for moving it forward, timely and accurately with minimal oversight from the Account Director
- Provides the highest level of client service ensuring daily communication
- Ensures in all interactions they lead the Client, rather than take orders
- Plans, develops and executes client initiatives
- Manages teams’ project schedules, budgets and resources to ensure deliverables and client requests are delivered on time and on budget
- Is proactive about addressing potential issues or roadblocks, looking around the corner, before client brings them to the table
- Evaluates creative solutions and helps to sell the work
- Ability to make quick decisions and keep projects moving
- Collaborates with lead Strategist to deliver and present strategies with appropriate POVs to clients
- Be the business’s “subject matter expert,” acting as the direct liaison between client and agency team; leading the agency in business context, visibility, challenges and forecasting future needs in order to grow AOR through new ideas and engagements
- Provide strategic feedback to creative team, as needed, throughout execution of brand assets
- Develops and manages budget projections, profitability, tracking and billing
- Clearly communicates when projects are out of scope and manages these to either be estimated or prioritized based on approved hours
- Promotes the expansion of scope throughout the year and YoY AOR growth
- Develops budget and SOWs for new projects
Skills and Qualifications
- Education: BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications
- A minimum of five (4) to seven (6) years of account service experience, branding experience a plus
- Ability to form trusting, lasting relationships with clients and internal teams
- Strong problem solving skills
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques, including digital platforms
- Excellent communication & interpersonal abilities with the aptitude in fostering long-term relationships
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Persuasive and polished presentations
- Demonstrate dedication, passion and commitment
- A natural tendency toward enthusiasm, fresh thinking and creative solutions
- Communicate effectively in both a verbal and written manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communicate early and often to make sure the key people are in the loop
- $75,000 to $90,000
Our Cultural Requirements
We are passionate about our culture; cultivating and protecting it is non-negotiable. When seeking to add to our BLVR family, a cultural fit is just as important as the skillsets and education an individual possesses.
- We are aware that our behavior speaks to what we believe
- We are authentic, understanding, and reliable
- We are driven to help others
- We always think big
- We are willing to be vulnerable
- We have passion and compassion
- We value diversity in people and thinking
- We are not afraid to make mistakes
- We are proactive, requiring little direction to take action
- We are committed to helping each other develop personally and professionally
- We love coffee, eating meals together, and a good party
- We are passionate about the work we do and the people we serve
Benefits of working at BLVR
BLVR is a great place to work and we’re determined to constantly make it better.
The benefits of joining our team are vast. Here are a few:
Make A Difference
We love to support great causes and help others who are in need. We provide opportunities for team members to get involved and make an impact.
To enhance the quality of life of our team members, we offer company-sponsored health, dental, and vision benefits.
We support families and offer flexible work schedules to ensure that team members with kids always excel in their primary role—being an amazing parent.
We like to have fun at BLVR. Bocce Ball competitions, monthly chef-catered meals, and baking competitions are just some of the fun times we enjoy together.
We offer a competitive salary, a 2% annual cost of living salary increase, and bonus opportunities.
Paid Time Off
Paid time off for all major holidays and 10 days personal leave time (first year) with 1 additional day added for each year of employment.
To help you get ready for life after work, we have a company sponsored 401k plan.
A Place To Grow
We love to invest in your development because when you grow, BLVR grows with you. Want to take a course or attend a conference—it’s on us.
The Best Gear
What computer setup do you prefer…laptop or desktop? Choose the gear that will equip you to make the greatest impact.
SD / CA