BLVR is an independent creative agency that empowers brands to fearlessly live out their beliefs.
In today’s world, it’s not enough to simply say you stand for something. Your actions have to align with your convictions. We build brands that stay true to what they believe, no matter what the cost. They are bold and generous. They lead culture, instill belonging, and ignite movements. They use their power to drive people to change.
We are a team of strategists, storytellers, artists, and innovators who believe in using our creativity for the greater good. And we’re looking for other driven, smart, creative, kind people who believe as we do.
At BLVR, you’ll be part of a diverse team committed to growth as much as each other. You’ll create some of the best work of your career with a team that genuinely cares about your well-being. And you’ll play a key role in taking BLVR further than we’ve been before. Join our mission and use your creativity to create meaningful change in the world.
Are you ready?
We’re looking for a Senior Art Director who shares our passion for ideas, art, and culture. You’re fluent in concepting and collaborating, you have a passion for bringing ideas to life visually. You’re comfortable presenting concepts to clients and your ideas are fresh, strategic and on brand. We’re looking for a savvy creative that can conceptualize ideas and carry them through execution with masterful craft.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own and lead multiple projects throughout the agency
- You bring positivity and creative energy to the team
- Work with designers, producers, account managers and strategists to ensure creative hits the brief
- Collaborate and work closely with the creative team
- Be open to helping improve and/or bring to life ideas developed by other members of the integrated team
- Understand and apply information found in the creative or studio briefs.
- Apply and understand feedback correctly
- Have a commitment to understanding user personas, industry nuances, trends and marketing techniques through independent study and tools from subject matter experts
- Proactively identify opportunities to tap into or incorporate the latest trends in pop culture, creativity, executional approaches & techniques, and broader inspirations, innovations and interruptions
- Present award-winning ideas
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years of design and creative work
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Super out-of-the-box creative thinker with a passion for disruptive work
- Mastery of composition techniques (multiple elements, interactive pieces) in producing polished final work
- Understanding of color theory and color relationships; perspective and space relationships; page composition and grid structures; illustration and typography
- Proficiency in Adobe platform
- Knowledge of digital design and basic UX / UI
- Knowledge of video and photography and the photography; ability to direct video and photo shoots
- Effectively oversee the work and earn the respect of freelancers, designers, even vendors
- Think conceptually and design engaging creative content
- Craft stories and build brands through campaign level thinking and execution
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and strategies to achieve them
- A conceptual thinker, who loves the craft, and enjoys the challenge of finding a brand’s voice as well as being able to generate big ideas across multiple brands
- Ability to think outside of standard ad formats and be able to write and/or design digital and traditional campaign, with a 360 capability
- You’re hungry for opportunity
- Comfortable working with and presenting to clients across various industries and levels
- A collaborative work ethic and easy going nature
- Ability to take constructive criticism with ease and grace
- A naturally curious mind and passion for all levels of the business
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects at one time
- Ability to collaborate across all teams and can own projects from start to finish
- Passion for art, music, and culture
- A love for the craft
- You have a passion for design and visual communications
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- You’re a true maker and a doer who looks for inspiration inside and outside of the industry
- $100,000 to $115,000
Our Cultural Requirements
We are passionate about our culture; cultivating and protecting it is non-negotiable. When seeking to add to our BLVR family, a cultural fit is just as important as the skillsets and education an individual possesses.
- We are aware that our behavior speaks to what we believe
- We are authentic, understanding, and reliable
- We are driven to help others
- We always think big
- We are willing to be vulnerable
- We have passion and compassion
- We value diversity in people and thinking
- We are not afraid to make mistakes
- We are proactive, requiring little direction to take action
- We are committed to helping each other develop personally and professionally
- We love coffee, eating meals together, and a good party
- We are passionate about the work we do and the people we serve
Benefits of working at BLVR
BLVR is a great place to work and we’re determined to constantly make it better.
The benefits of joining our team are vast. Here are a few:
Make A Difference
We love to support great causes and help others who are in need. We provide opportunities for team members to get involved and make an impact.
To enhance the quality of life of our team members, we offer company-sponsored health, dental, and vision benefits.
We support families and offer flexible work schedules to ensure that team members with kids always excel in their primary role—being an amazing parent.
We like to have fun at BLVR. Bocce Ball competitions, monthly chef-catered meals, and baking competitions are just some of the fun times we enjoy together.
We offer a competitive salary, a 2% annual cost of living salary increase, and bonus opportunities.
Paid Time Off
Paid time off for all major holidays and 10 days personal leave time (first year) with 1 additional day added for each year of employment.
To help you get ready for life after work, we have a company sponsored 401k plan.
A Place To Grow
We love to invest in your development because when you grow, BLVR grows with you. Want to take a course or attend a conference—it’s on us.
The Best Gear
What computer setup do you prefer…laptop or desktop? Choose the gear that will equip you to make the greatest impact.