Do you find yourself wondering why people do the things they do? Do you tend to look for trends and patterns in everyday life? Are you fascinated by cultural nuances and latest branding and marketing trends? If so, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, proactive Strategy intern who is hungry to learn the discipline of Branding and gain exposure to a wide range of brands and industries. This position allows you to play a critical role in our agency as you work with members of our Strategy department to provide disruptive, emotive solutions for our clients’ brands.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Strategy team on existing client projects, new business proposals, and internal agency projects
- Conduct thorough competitive analysis audits
- Assist with market research projects including requesting quotes from third party vendors, candidate recruitment, developing discussion guides, sitting in on interviews and focus groups, etc. to support gathering consumer insights
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify key findings and implications
- Participate in ideation sessions with other team members and departments
- Compile relevant industry news, reports, research tools, etc. in support of active projects
- Work in conjunction with our Account, Creative, and Business Development departments to enhance cross-departmental collaboration
- 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday (flexibility on hours)
- The internship is for the Summer time period, but can be flexible on exact dates
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a junior or senior in college
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works well both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively
- Able to multitask with several projects and meet tight deadlines
- Possesses a high capacity for problem solving and innovative thinking
- Superior attention to detail
- Professional attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Extremely comfortable using Mac OS & Microsoft Office programs
- Ideally based in San Diego but open to remote candidates
What others have to say
“I think one of the more beneficial aspects of my internship was the ability to work underboth strategists with their own styles and approaches to work. From a career perspective, it will only serve me well to be exposed to different ways of thinking, processes, choices and perspectives.”
– Zander C.
“I am infinitely grateful for the opportunity to have me at BLVR. It was honestly an amazing experience. The internship broadened my real world experience and helped me develop and hone my design skills.” Cristina B. “Amazing talent and work ethic from all employees along with transparent leadership – the CEO and COO are invested in their people, growth, and making it a great place to work.”
– Cristina B.
“My experience as an intern at BLVR was amazing. The work I was given and the projects I helped with were valuable, challenging (in the best way), and purposeful. Everyone in the office was helpful and encouraging. They truly made me feel like a part of the team!”
– Abby H.
”One of the things that I appreciated the most about my experience at BLVR is that I felt part of the team since day one. Everyone is so welcoming and wants to see you grow. I was always pushed to step out of my comfort zone, so there wasn’t a single day where I was stuck doing insignificant tasks.”
– Angela V