UI Designer Intern
BLVR is an independent creative agency that empowers brands to
fearlessly live out their beliefs.
In today’s world, it’s not enough to simply say you stand for something. Your actions have to align with your convictions. We build brands that stay true to what they believe, no matter what the cost. They are bold and generous. They lead culture, instill belonging, and ignite movements. They use their power to drive people to change.
We are a team of strategists, storytellers, artists, and innovators who believe in using our creativity for the greater good. And we’re looking for other driven, smart, creative, kind people who believe as we do.
At BLVR, you’ll be part of a diverse team committed to growth as much as each other. You’ll create some of the best work of your career with a team that genuinely cares about your well-being. And you’ll play a key role in taking BLVR further than we’ve been before. Join our mission and use your creativity to create meaningful change in the world.
Are you ready?
An eye for detail is numero uno. The UI designer is responsible for creating interactive programs that enhance a customer’s experience with a brand and facilitate an enjoyable experience. You will be designing user interface elements like menus, tabs, and forms.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in project brainstorms and present new creative ideas
- Collaborate with web team to develop wireframes, content architectures,
- Create mood boards, storyboards, animations, illustrations, graphics, and
other supporting assets
- Conduct research to help develop buyer personas, target audience, and associated UX research (writing, architecture, etc.)
- Will contribute to the maintenance and evolution of the brand guidelines
- Meet deadlines to ensure timely publications
- Actively looking for ways to help people
Qualities and Qualifications
- Intermediate knowledge of graphic design and other UX/UI principles
- Must be proficient in Adobe CreativeCloud
- Must be proficient with prototyping tools (Adobe XD, InVision, etc.)
- Knowledge of animation development using Adobe AfterEffects and Lottie a huge plus
- Strong illustrative and typographic skills are a plus
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills
- Creativity skills with excellent attention to detail
What We Offer
- Unpaid internship, school credit
- A collaborative work environment as an extension of our team.
- Access to innovative, creative projects with clients who create change
- for the good of the world
- Internship kickoff discussion to review goals and to tailor a unique experience
- A team of people who work smart and play hard
What others have to say
“I think one of the more beneficial aspects of my internship was the ability to work underboth strategists with their own styles and approaches to work. From a career perspective, it will only serve me well to be exposed to different ways of thinking, processes, choices and perspectives.”
– Zander C.
“I am infinitely grateful for the opportunity to have me at BLVR. It was honestly an amazing experience. The internship broadened my real world experience and helped me develop and hone my design skills.” Cristina B. “Amazing talent and work ethic from all employees along with transparent leadership – the CEO and COO are invested in their people, growth, and making it a great place to work.”
– Cristina B.
“My experience as an intern at BLVR was amazing. The work I was given and the projects I helped with were valuable, challenging (in the best way), and purposeful. Everyone in the office was helpful and encouraging. They truly made me feel like a part of the team!”
– Abby H.
”One of the things that I appreciated the most about my experience at BLVR is that I felt part of the team since day one. Everyone is so welcoming and wants to see you grow. I was always pushed to step out of my comfort zone, so there wasn’t a single day where I was stuck doing insignificant tasks.”
– Angela V
SD / CA