Take a look at the most successful products around the world and there is one thing they all share in common. It’s not great websites. It’s how they’ve established their brands. They’ve taken the time to invest in understanding who they are, what they stand for and the customer they serve. But it doesn’t stop there; their brand informs what is done through every other touch point. From the product to the sales materials, all the way through to their website. Not only does their website become an online home for their product or service, it becomes the digital personification of their brand. Always working, night and day, to attract new customers and share their brand story.
Try answering these questions to see if you have your brand in order before jumping into your website:
- Do you know what you stand for?
- Do you know who you serve?
- Do you know what your customers problem is?
- Do you help them overcome that problem?
- Why people should believe you?
- Do you have a brand story people can get behind?
- Do you have a brand identity that correctly reflects who you are?
- What’s your brand tone of voice?
- What’s your competitive advantage?
- Do you have a strategy for how you’ll build demand and connection?