BLVR is an independent creative agency that empowers brands to fearlessly live out their beliefs.
In today’s world, it’s not enough to simply say you stand for something. Your actions have to align with your convictions. We build brands that stay true to what they believe, no matter what the cost. They are bold and generous. They lead culture, instill belonging, and ignite movements. They use their power to drive people to change.
We are a team of strategists, storytellers, artists, and innovators who believe in using our creativity for the greater good. And we’re looking for other driven, smart, creative, kind people who believe as we do.
At BLVR, you’ll be part of a diverse team committed to growth as much as each other. You’ll create some of the best work of your career with a team that genuinely cares about your well-being. And you’ll play a key role in taking BLVR further than we’ve been before. Join our mission and use your creativity to create meaningful change in the world.
As a Senior Designer at BLVR, you are highly collaborative, passionate, quick, dynamic, versatile, and extremely creative. You work collaboratively with clients, project managers, developers, and strategists to create compelling design experiences with the power to enhance the business goals and objectives of our clients. You help oversee and mentor junior level designers to ensure all designs coming out of BLVR are of the highest quality.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the design lead on an evolving roster of clients
- Be able to communicate directly with clients throughout the project cycle
- Lead design projects from conception to delivery and launch
- Collaborate with the team to ensure BLVR always delivers beautiful designs to clients
- Create solid logos, visual identities, brand assets and guidelines
- Gather and produce best-in-class files for archiving and output (for print, for clients, for digital devices, etc.)
- Articulate the value of design through verbal and visual presentation
- Be a team player and positive addition to our company culture
- Collaborate with other designers and mentor entry-level designers and interns
- Establish and maintain high visual design standards and proactively learn new techniques and trends in digital design
- Be versatile to work on a wide range of digital, print, and brand development design projects
- Solid experience in creating templates, storyboards, and presentations
- Work with printers, contractors and outside vendors
- Familiarity with Invision and Sketch (preferred)
- Motion graphics experience (preferred)
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent Design skills, with a strong balance of identity, typography, layout, and illustration skills
- Education: 5+ years of visual design experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree in visual design or related field—or equivalent experience
- Think strategically as well as aesthetically
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Assume hands-on design function to help complete projects in a timely, aesthetically compelling manner
- Display a positive, team-building work attitude under pressure
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and other current design software in a Mac OS X environment
- Take accountability and ownership of assigned projects while understanding timelines and budgets
- Possess people skills to effectively, persuasively engage with internal senior-level management
- Strong conceptual skills and a strategic mindset
- Knowledgeable in print production, photography, and proofing
- Knowledge of art materials, fabrication techniques, printing process, and press runs
- Drive consensus between peers
Our Culture is guided by our beliefs and built on our Code of Creation and our Code of Existence.
Our Code of Creation
Our Code of Creation is grounded in the idea that we are created for community, built for a purpose, and that each of us possesses unlimited creative potential.
1. We Are Family
Humanity is designed for community. For us, work is more than work. Our office is a place where we cultivate thriving relationships, share ideas, collaborate on projects, challenge one another, and deliver fantastic outcomes for our clients. We share life, carry each other’s burdens, learn and grow together. We may be a team of individuals, but we are more than this, we are a family. We understand that we’re each a part of something bigger. Love and support are paramount in BLVR’s mission beginning within the walls of our agency, within the relationships we are blessed with, radiating through us and out of us as we invest in the dreams of one another and our clients every day.
2. We Have Purpose
At BLVR, we understand God put us all here for a reason. The gifts each BLVR team member possesses are no accident, and each gifting has immense potential to impact the world in profound ways. When we live out our purpose we discover our individual and collective value, find more joy in what we do, and our capacity for positively impacting the world around us is magnified. When we bring our gifts together, when we unite as a family, a synergy is created that allows each of us to do more because we are doing it together. Collectively, we embrace the reason for our existence. When we invest in each other, we fulfill our purpose just as we do when we invest in our clients and beyond. Every time we use what we have been given to show love to the world, we fulfill our purpose.
3. We are Creators
Each member of the BLVR family is a creator. We create value, service, relationships, and belief. We share a deep commitment to our areas of expertise (branding, design, development, management) and one another as our collective talents merge to craft solutions for our clients. Our job is to cultivate this creativity, continually looking for ways to do what we do more efficiently and more effectively. Through the use and growth of our individual creativity, we increase the value of what we offer one another, our clients, and the world. Our goal for each client is Brand Belief, the quality of that Brand Belief is directly proportional to the quality of creativity.
Our Code of Existence
Our Code of Existence is a critical element of BLVR family culture. This code defines how we interact with one another, how we behave in life, and the culture we are determined to build—a unique environment with the highest harmony, peace, and profit. BLVR’s Code of Existence is how we interact with each other and our customers, without the need for rules, forms, and limited human resources, etc. We simply expect everyone to be self-directed in the highest calling of personal responsibility. Act in the best interest of everyone else, us your brothers and sisters, yourself, and our customers. We serve and create daily with people who know how to make high-quality decisions that respect and enhance the people around them and the Business. We have a simple code that guides us:
Live a life of undivided integrity
- Always demonstrate a positive attitude
- Consider other people’s interests more important than their own
- Don’t settle for anything less than excellence
Our Cultural Requirements
We are passionate about our culture; cultivating and protecting it is non-negotiable. When seeking to add to our BLVR family, a cultural fit is just as important as the skillsets and education an individual possesses.
- We are aware that our behavior speaks to what we believe
- We are authentic, understanding, and reliable
- We are driven to help others
- We always think big
- We are willing to be vulnerable
- We have passion and compassion
- We value diversity in people and thinking
- We are not afraid to make mistakes
- We are proactive, requiring little direction to take action
- We are committed to helping each other develop personally and professionally
- We love coffee, eating meals together, and a good party
- We are passionate about the work we do and the people we serve
Benefits of Working at BLVR
BLVR is a great place to work and we’re determined to constantly make it better.
The benefits of joining our team are vast. Here are a few:
Make A Difference
We love to support great causes and help others who are in need. We provide opportunities for team members to get involved and make an impact.
To enhance the quality of life of our team members, we offer company-sponsored health, dental, and vision benefits.
We support families and offer flexible work schedules to ensure that team members with kids always excel in their primary role—being an amazing parent.
We like to have fun at BLVR. Bocce Ball competitions, monthly chef-catered meals, and baking competitions are just some of the fun times we enjoy together.
We offer a competitive salary, a 2% annual cost of living salary increase, and bonus opportunities.
Paid Time Off
Paid time off for all major holidays and 10 days personal leave time (first year) with 1 additional day added for each year of employment.
To help you get ready for life after work, we have a company sponsored 401k plan.
A Place To Grow
We love to invest in your development because when you grow, BLVR grows with you. Want to take a course or attend a conference—it’s on us.
The Best Gear
What computer setup do you prefer…laptop or desktop? Choose the gear that will equip you to make the greatest impact.