User Experience Designer
BLVR is a top branding agency based in sunny San Diego. For almost two decades, we’ve been building belief-led brands that make the greatest impact in the world while cultivating a culture that makes BLVR one of the best places to work. We recognize that our people and the culture we create are paramount to our success. With a passionate drive and dedication for growth, it is a very exciting time here at BLVR. Every day brings new challenges, and every day we work hard together to meet them. That’s why at BLVR, hiring is our single most important act. When we make the decision to add to our team, we are methodical in our approach to guarantee we find the right fit. Our hiring process is thorough and intensive as we seek humble, hungry, and smart individuals who share our passion to make a difference in the world.
We are a team of fun, fearless, collaborative and values-driven problem-solvers with one goal in mind – driving meaningful outcomes for our clients and making a difference in the world, and we work hard to do this through our unique Brand Belief philosophy, the platform we have, and the community we create.
If you have a unique skill-set to contribute and would like to be part of our diverse team, helping to grow BLVR as well as your own career, please read on and we look forward to connecting with you.
Join a diverse collection of creators, connected by a shared purpose of crafting meaningful and purposeful digital experiences. In this role you will help lead and define our UX capability as well as roll-up your sleeves to deliver best-in-class web-based websites in a fast-paced environment. The UX team collaborates closely with Strategy, Creative, Production & Engineering , engineering to build effective and thoughtful user-centered design solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serves as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design
- Champion UXD throughout the agency and contribute to evolving it as a capability within BLVR for delivering consumer centric solutions, experience mapping, design clarity and innovation exploration
- Create sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups + prototypes to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors internally and externally
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design, business and consumer problems
- Identify UXD tools and platforms that improve BLVR’s workflow and simplify conveying ideas and delivering the work for our clients
- Effectively collaborate with cross department teams to define, conceptualize, and design digital solutions, primarily websites
- Tackle web experience design challenges from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and design standards based on business goals and user research
- Mentor user experience designers across the department
- Independently design solutions: concepts, wireframes, and prototypes while iterating based on team feedback and client feedback
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors for multiple environments and audiences
- Collaborate and drive alignment with teammates, stakeholders and clients from concept to final design
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities to deliver informed digital solutions
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Assist with usability testing, user interviews, stakeholder interviews, and user surveys
- Write specs and review implementations
- Development and execution of UX design vision and deliverables within your assigned channel
- Strategic thinking, developing POVs and UX design vision
- 100% Collaboration & communication with all projects and initiatives to ensure consistency and clarity
- Monitor and evaluate UX deliverables of UX design team members, development of team members
- Personal development, coaching and training
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years UX (UI) design experience across e-commerce websites, brand experience sites and digital products
- Advanced thought leadership and UX design vision skills, including analytical, strategic, and conceptual design skills
- Deep knowledge designing for eCommerce and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design
- Strong ability to identify business goals, and capable of designing user experiences that support business goals and user needs
- Ability to design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, and iterate on user interface design and interaction flow of applications and experiences based on user feedback
- Strong ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate experience design decisions
- Strong verbal and written communicator with all levels of business leaders; ability to influence and cultivate strong relationships across departments and with BLVR’s clients
- Solid negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate solutions among peers and clients
- Ability to inspire, develop, and coach team members
- Solid time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development
- Must have a strong user experience design portfolio that clearly demonstrates consumer-oriented user experience design solutions for complex problems
Our Culture is guided by our beliefs and built on our Code of Creation and our Code of Existence.
Our Code of Creation
Our Code of Creation is grounded in the idea that we are created for community, built for a purpose, and that each of us possesses unlimited creative potential.
1. We Are Family
Humanity is designed for community. For us, work is more than work. Our office is a place where we cultivate thriving relationships, share ideas, collaborate on projects, challenge one another, and deliver fantastic outcomes for our clients. We share life, carry each other’s burdens, learn and grow together. We may be a team of individuals, but we are more than this, we are a family. We understand that we’re each a part of something bigger. Love and support are paramount in BLVR’s mission beginning within the walls of our agency, within the relationships we are blessed with, radiating through us and out of us as we invest in the dreams of one another and our clients every day.
2. We Have Purpose
At BLVR, we understand God put us all here for a reason. The gifts each BLVR team member possesses are no accident, and each gifting has immense potential to impact the world in profound ways. When we live out our purpose we discover our individual and collective value, find more joy in what we do, and our capacity for positively impacting the world around us is magnified. When we bring our gifts together, when we unite as a family, a synergy is created that allows each of us to do more because we are doing it together. Collectively, we embrace the reason for our existence. When we invest in each other, we fulfill our purpose just as we do when we invest in our clients and beyond. Every time we use what we have been given to show love to the world, we fulfill our purpose.
3. We are Creators
Each member of the BLVR family is a creator. We create value, service, relationships, and belief. We share a deep commitment to our areas of expertise (branding, design, development, management) and one another as our collective talents merge to craft solutions for our clients. Our job is to cultivate this creativity, continually looking for ways to do what we do more efficiently and more effectively. Through the use and growth of our individual creativity, we increase the value of what we offer one another, our clients, and the world. Our goal for each client is Brand Belief, the quality of that Brand Belief is directly proportional to the quality of creativity.
Our Code of Existence
Our Code of Existence is a critical element of BLVR family culture. This code defines how we interact with one another, how we behave in life, and the culture we are determined to build—a unique environment with the highest harmony, peace, and profit. BLVR’s Code of Existence is how we interact with each other and our customers, without the need for rules, forms, and limited human resources, etc. We simply expect everyone to be self-directed in the highest calling of personal responsibility. Act in the best interest of everyone else, us your brothers and sisters, yourself, and our customers. We serve and create daily with people who know how to make high-quality decisions that respect and enhance the people around them and the Business. We have a simple code that guides us:
Live a life of undivided integrity
- Always demonstrate a positive attitude
- Consider other people’s interests more important than their own
- Don’t settle for anything less than excellence
Our Cultural Requirements
We are passionate about our culture; cultivating and protecting it is nonnegotiable. When seeking to add to our BLVR family, a cultural fit is just as important as the skillsets and education an individual possesses.
- We are aware that our behavior speaks to what we believe
- We are authentic, understanding, and reliable
- We are driven to help others
- We always think big
- We are willing to be vulnerable
- We have passion and compassion
- We value diversity in people and thinking
- We are not afraid to make mistakes
- We are proactive, requiring little direction to take action
- We are committed to helping each other develop personally and professionally
- We love coffee, eating meals together, and a good party
- We are passionate about the work we do and the people we serve
Benefits of Working at BLVR
BLVR is a great place to work and we’re determined to constantly make it better.
The benefits of joining our team are vast. Here are a few:
Make A Difference
We love to support great causes and help others who are in need. We provide opportunities for team members to get involved and make an impact.
To enhance the quality of life of our team members, we offer company-sponsored health, dental, and vision benefits.
We support families and offer flexible work schedules to ensure that team members with kids always excel in their primary role—being an amazing parent.
We like to have fun at BLVR. Bocce Ball competitions, monthly chef-catered meals, and baking competitions are just some of the fun times we enjoy together.
We offer a competitive salary, a 2% annual cost of living salary increase, and bonus opportunities.
Paid Time Off
Paid time off for all major holidays and 10 days personal leave time (first year) with 1 additional day added for each year of employment.
A Place To Grow
We love to invest in your development because when you grow, BLVR grows with you. Want to take a course or attend a conference—it’s on us.
The Best Gear
What computer setup do you prefer…laptop or desktop? Choose the gear that will equip you to make the greatest impact.
Large or small, we love our four-legged friends and consider them as part of the family.