More than the cool work we do for our clients, more than industry accolades, the thing we’re most proud of is the family we’ve assembled and the company culture we’ve created. You know this place is different the moment you walk in the door. The BLVR family is a special group. We care about one another, lift each other up, and always value person over position and even profit. Work and play are intertwined, which means we have fun together: happy hours, trips, workshops, special events, chef lunches, and a lot of laughing. Every day brings new challenges, and every day we work together to meet them.
At BLVR, hiring is our single most important act. When we make the decision to add to our family, we are methodical in our approach to guarantee we find the right fit. Our approach to hiring is thorough and intensive as we seek talented individuals who are humble, hungry, and smart. Make sure you bring your best to BLVR because we will bring our best to work each day for you.
Are you ready?
As a UX/UI Strategist, you are the primary team member responsible for turning ideas into gorgeous user friend digital experiences. The UX/UI Strategist responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with wireframe tools and design software. If you have an incredible portfolio of professional design projects that include work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project managers and developers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Identify amazing user experiences and troubleshoot UX problems throughout the project
- Develop original UI design mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Design graphic user interface elements, like navigation schemes, page layouts, animations, and user interactions
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Conduct layout adjustments based on internal, client and user feedback
- Present final designs to the client
Qualities and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer in an agency setting
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- A confident approach to creative projects
- Persuasive and polished presentations
- Demonstrate dedication, passion, and commitment
- A natural tendency toward enthusiasm, fresh thinking, and creative solutions
- Communicate effectively in both a verbal and written manner
Our Culture is guided by our beliefs and built on our Code of Creation and our Code of Existence.
Our Code of Creation
is grounded in the idea that we are created for community, built for a purpose, and that each of us possesses unlimited creative potential.
1. We Are Family
Humanity is designed for community. For us, work is more than work. Our office is a place where we cultivate thriving relationships, share ideas, collaborate on projects, challenge one another, and deliver fantastic outcomes for our clients. We share life, carry each other’s burdens, learn and grow together. We may be a team of individuals, but we are more than this, we are a family. We understand that we’re each a part of something bigger. Love and support are paramount in BLVR’s mission beginning within the walls of our agency, within the relationships we are blessed with, radiating through us and out of us as we invest in the dreams of one another and our clients every day.
2. We Have Purpose
At BLVR, we understand God put us all here for a reason. The gifts each BLVR team member possesses are no accident, and each gifting has immense potential to impact the world in profound ways. When we live out our purpose we discover our individual and collective value, find more joy in what we do, and our capacity for positively impacting the world around us is magnified. When we bring our gifts together, when we unite as a family, a synergy is created that allows each of us to do more because we are doing it together. Collectively, we embrace the reason for our existence. When we invest in each other, we fulfill our purpose just as we do when we invest in our clients and beyond. Every time we use what we have been given to show love to the world, we fulfill our purpose.
3. We are Creators
Each member of the BLVR family is a creator. We create value, service, relationships, and belief. We share a deep commitment to our areas of expertise (branding, design, development, management) and one another as our collective talents merge to craft solutions for our clients. Our job is to cultivate this creativity, continually looking for ways to do what we do more efficiently and more effectively. Through the use and growth of our individual creativity, we increase the value of what we offer one another, our clients, and the world. Our goal for each client is Brand Belief, the quality of that Brand Belief is directly proportional to the quality of creativity.
Our Code of Existence
Our Code of Existence is a critical element of BLVR family culture. This code defines how we interact with one another, how we behave in life, and the culture we are determined to build—a unique environment with the highest harmony, peace, and profit. BLVR’s Code of Existence is how we interact with each other and our customers, without the need for rules, forms, and limited human resources, etc. We simply expect everyone to be self-directed in the highest calling of personal responsibility. Act in the best interest of everyone else, us your brothers and sisters, yourself, and our customers. We serve and create daily with people who know how to make high-quality decisions that respect and enhance the people around them and the Business. We have a simple code that guides us:
Live a life of undivided integrity
- Always demonstrate a positive attitude
- Consider other people’s interests more important than their own
- Don’t settle for anything less than excellence
Our Cultural Requirements
We are passionate about our culture; cultivating and protecting it is nonnegotiable. When seeking to add to our BLVR family, a cultural fit is just as important as the skillsets and education an individual possesses.
- We are aware that our behavior speaks to what we believe
- We are authentic, understanding, and reliable
- We are driven to help others
- We always think big
- We are willing to be vulnerable
- We have passion and compassion
- We value diversity in people and thinking
- We are not afraid to make mistakes
- We are proactive, requiring little direction to take action
- We are committed to helping each other develop personally and professionally
- We love coffee, eating meals together, and a good party
- We are passionate about the work we do and the people we serve
Benefits of Working at BLVR
BLVR is a great place to work and we’re determined to constantly make it better.
The benefits of joining our team are vast. Here are a few:
Make A Difference
We love to support great causes and help others who are in need. We provide opportunities for team members to get involved and make an impact.
To enhance the quality of life of our team members, we offer company-sponsored health, dental, and vision benefits.
We support families and offer flexible work schedules to ensure that team members with kids always excel in their primary role—being an amazing parent.
We like to have fun at BLVR. Bocce Ball competitions, monthly chef-catered meals, and baking competitions are just some of the fun times we enjoy together.
We offer a competitive salary, a 2% annual cost of living salary increase, and bonus opportunities.
Paid Time Off
Paid time off for all major holidays and 10 days personal leave time (first year) with 1 additional day added for each year of employment.
A Place To Grow
We love to invest in your development because when you grow, BLVR grows with you. Want to take a course or attend a conference—it’s on us.
The Best Gear
What computer setup do you prefer…laptop or desktop? Choose the gear that will equip you to make the greatest impact.
Large or small, we love our four-legged friends and consider them as part of the family.